Brooklyn Middle will host virtual parent/teacher conferences on Thursday, Jan. 28, and Tuesday, Feb. 2. Please review the instructions in this post to learn how to sign up for conference times. (Sign-up for the Feb. 2 conferences will be available after Jan. 28.)
All conferences will be held via Google Meet. After scheduling the conference in ParentVUE, click "email schedule" to get a confirmation of the conference time and Google Meet code to attend the scheduled conference. (Note: BMS teachers are utilizing their Google Meet codes for these conferences.)
- Google Meet allows you to participate via video, or you may dial into the meeting by the number provided.
- For best results, join using your student's district-issued Chromebook.
- Please wait to “join” the conference until your scheduled time to allow for privacy of families talking with the teacher.
- Teachers will be live on screen to conduct the conference with parents/guardians, and students are encouraged to attend as well.
Need help scheduling conferences? Check out this video tutorial or review the written instructions in this post.
How to schedule conferences through ParentVUE
- Log in to ParentVUE online. If you do not have a ParentVUE account, please contact Linda Johnson (763-569-7700) or email (JohnsonLinda@district279.org) from a number/email associated with your student's emergency form. If you have an account and have forgotten your password, please click the “forgot password” link through the browser version of ParentVUE and follow the prompts.
- Click on the “Conference” menu item on the left side.
- The page will appear blank initially. In the upper right, click “Parent Scheduled Conferences.”
- Available dates and times appear; check the box for the conference time you would like to select. You are only allowed one selection per teacher. If you would like to change your selections you may return to this screen to deselect your chosen times.
- As you make selections, your schedule will populate in the upper right. When you are finished, you can choose to email your schedule to yourself. The summary screen will also display the scheduled information.
Meet with Student Services staff
In addition to classroom teachers, our entire Student Services team will be available during conference hours. If you would like, please contact them below and schedule a time to conference.
- Social Workers
- Kayla Schilling – SchillingKayla@district279.org
- Special Education Building Coordinator
- Jenny Fletcher – FletcherJ@district279.org
- School Psychologist
- Barb Swenson – SwensonB@district279.org
- Speech Pathologist
- Cindy Balfany – BalfanyC@district279.org
- Student Management Specialists
Meet with school administrators
If you have questions for Brooklyn Middle administration, join us in our Admin Google Meet!
Learn about the AVID program
If your student is interested in the AVID program, please plan to attend an AVID Informational Session at 7 p.m. on Jan. 28 or Feb. 2 at via Google Meet. (Note: Please log in from an Osseo Area Schools device/account.)